Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Apart from facial hair, achieving a handsome face also is achieved by a chiseled jawline. From Matt Boomer, Ben Affleck to Daniel Radcliffe, many of the most masculine celebrities have enviable jawlines. For women, a well-built jawline will give you a slimmer face that looks more elegant and make you more attractive. A well-sculpted jawline, unfortunately, isn’t genetic for everyone, but it’s rather something that can be achieved with simple techniques.
Nevertheless, it’s important to know that a significant determinant of a correctly built jawline is genetics. The second most important is your health. Keeping body fat below 15% will give you a smile you’ve always wanted and make you feel youthful and more people will notice you. Before you think of undergoing a surgical procedure to correct your jawline, why not try below methods and see how effective they are?
Different Methods To Get A Chiseled Jawline: Perfect For Both Genders
1. Cut your sodium intake
Want to get a chiseled jawline within the shortest time possible? Well, it’s high time you cut salty food from your diet.
Increased salt intake can give you the appearance of a fat/fuller face. A 2017 study published in AJKD website found out that consuming salty foods does not make patients drink more water but instead encourages more water retention in the body, hence increasing extracellular fluid.
Cutting down on sodium intake not only does it help you achieve a slimmer face (chiseled jawline), but also may help in weight loss and significantly lower your blood pressure. (Source) While it may be impossible to give up your chicken wings and fries, remember all the benefits you can get with reduced sodium intake.
2. Chew gum
One of the most popular methods for achieving a chiseled jawline is through gum chewing. Gum chewing gives eight different muscles in your face and neck the perfect workout and also helps in reducing a double chin. In addition, gum-chewing helps tone your entire face while at the same time providing means for stress relief. Through chewing, you’ll be able to strengthen face muscles, making them more prominent and concave. It’s the perfect jaw workout you should try today.
Recommended gums to chew
Not all gums are good for your health. As earlier indicated, weight can determine the elegance of your jawline. Therefore you’ll need to keep off from any gum with sugar and any other gum sold at the grocery store or kiosks. You’d want something long-lasting, one that’s made from mastic.
- You can try Greece, Greek Chios (Xios) Mastic Gum. It’s an all-natural gum that you can chew literary forever. It’s good for digestive health.
- Falim 100 Pieces Sugar-Free chewing gum is a cheaper alternative that comes in different flavors.
The mastic gum is the best recommendation; however, if you don’t like its taste, you can try Falim chewing gum; it’s cheaper and comes in variety of flavors.
When to chew and the expected results?
For best results make it a habit to chew gum every day when you’re at work or when commuting. Just remember always to change sides as you chew for an evenly face. I tried this method and took about four weeks for a pronounced jawline. In the first two weeks, you may find this task tedious because your muscles are not used to chewing, but eventually they’ll strengthen, and you’ll be on your way to achieving a prominent jawline.
3. Try Mouth Exercisers
In the past few years, jawline exercises have become popular, resulting in the production of jawline exercise tools that give your jaws the perfect workout. A few examples of mouth exercisers include weights, jawline exercise balls and other tiny gadgets designed to provide your facial muscle a more effective workout. These exercises are good alternatives to chewing gums.
Some of the most recommended mouth exercise tools you can get on the market today are Facial-Flex and Jawzrsize.
- Facial Flex Facial Exercise and Neck Toning Kit is the only FDA-approved mouth exerciser considered as a class-1 medical device. It was initially designed for facial rehabilitation to increase face muscle strength but soon became a method of achieving facial beauty and fitness. It has been considered a non-invasive facelift.
- Jawzrsize Jawline Exerciser is one of the most popular facial workouts today. It works over 50 muscles both in your face and neck improving blood flow and oxygenation. Designed to be used for only minutes a day, this facial workout weight can, therefore, be incorporated in your existing daily routines. This product is available in four levels: 20lb, 30lb, 40lb, and 50lb resistance.
Some other good alternatives on the market include Revitabite and JawFit Jaw Exerciser, but there are many claims of poor results from different users.
4. Drink More Water
You get more benefits drinking more water than just a well-aligned chiseled jawline. Pure water intake is an essential but mostly underrated method of improving your overall health. Drinking water helps in improved energy as well as weight loss. Also, excess moisture will aid the circulation throughout your face. The benefits of drinking water may affect jawline indirectly, but least to say it goes the extra mile in helping you achieve the facial appearance you want.
- If you need to shed those extra pounds you gained, drinking water is one of the best “workout” you can try. Water will make you feel fuller without the excess calories that come with junk food and soda pop.
- Drinking water helps in increasing body metabolism. A glass of water early in the morning is a great way to start your metabolism which helps you burn more calories hence contributing to shedding weight that’s making your face full.
Drinking water in the morning also helps energize your body. In addition, drinking water before you eat can help you significantly reduce your calories; many people continue to eat because they think they’re hungry when the truth is that they are thirsty. If you’re addicted to junk food throughout the day, you can always drink a glass of water when the craving kicks in.
5. Try a Toner and a Cleanser
Another method you can try for a chiseled jawline is through unclogging facial skin pores and keeping the skin tight. This can be achieved through the use of a more powerful toner and cleaner and will make your skin pores tight and reduce skin sagging.
Your face accumulates harmful substances that can result in damage and wrinkles, and over time your skin will become dull and droopy. Sebaceous glands beneath the skin produce oil that’s secreted through the skin pores to keep your skin lubricated. In addition the skin also sheds dead cells, and it’s exposed to harmful free radicals. You will need products that will keep your skin clean and clear.
There are two products known to keep your skin glowing, youthful, and have no irritation even to sensitive skin. They include:
- Neutrogena Oil which helps purify, cleanse and also refresh your skin without affecting the natural skin moisture. It contains purifiers that gently get rid of impurities on the skin.
- Thayers Witch Hazel is a natural skin toner with the following ingredients: grapefruit, lemongrass, orange peel, nettle, chamomile, hazel, filet of aloe Vera, and blackberry extracts.
- Maxatone is also an alternative product from Solvaderm Skincare. It’s a gentle cleanser that uses botanical extracts and hyaluronic acid to renew the surface of the skin. It keeps your facial skin pure and moisturized to prevent it from dryness which can make the skin appear saggy.
6. The Mewing Technique
Mewing involves resting your tongue on the roof of your mouth instead of the floor of your mouth. In most cases, without realizing it, our tongue rests on the floor of the mouth. This happens when mouth-breathing, which in turn depresses your jowls and posture. The body is more oxygen-deprived when you breathe through the mouth, and this worsens the overall appearance.
To fix this, it’s crucial to correct the tongue posture with mewing- resting the tongue on your palate, and through mewing you should notice that your jaw slightly moves forward.
The main purpose of mewing is to make the tongue posture more like muscle memory. If you adopt this method as a natural posture for your tongue, you’ll be able to give your jaw more definition with time. Other benefits of mewing include less mouth breathing, improved posture, and in some instances, helps cure sleep apnea.
For best results, it’s important to combine mewing with jawline exercises or mastic gum chewing.
7. Use collagen-enhancing products
Collagen is an active ingredient found in the skin that keeps it tight. You can get a chiseled jawline by using collagen enhancing cleansers and toners. There are collagen medical injections available on the market, but their unhealthy side effects make them hard to recommend as anything but the last option.
- DABO Collagen Cleanser is a facial foam cleanser that gently removes excess residue and makeup on the skin. It’s formulated with hydrolyzed collagen to restore the skin’s natural hydration and improve elasticity.
- Forever Spring Cleansers is a soothing cold cream cleanser that’s vitamin-enriched to fight environmental aggressors that contribute to premature aging. It’s a soothing formula good for sensitive skin.
Collagen enhancing products should be used with cleansers and toners that clean and tighten skin pores. Collagen helps give the skin to maintain its shape. With age, the body’s ability to produce enough collagen diminishes which causes wrinkles and provides the jaws a loose appearance.
8. Accent your jawline with makeup
One simple hack you can emphasize the appearance of your jawline is through cosmetics. There are different ways to do this, and if you’re not used to makeup, getting it right might take several tries. Remember that these techniques shouldn’t be overdone to avoid the human eye from noticing that anything has been done to tweak jawline appearance.
- Contour your jaw and cheek with a light bronzer to make your jaw more eye-catching. Apply the makeup lightly done with one or two shades darker than your skin tone.
- Highlighting lightly will emphasize jawline shape. Add a 2-inch line just above your jawline to improve the jawline visual definition.
- Take a little bit bronzer and dust it along your neck and jaw will blend the cosmetic effects. Don’t overdo it to make sure that the contouring blends better.
9. Clenching your jaw
Getting an emphasized jawline is directly proportional to working the jaw itself. For best results, clench your jaws for 10 seconds before releasing it. While you may experience some discomfort, you can do this for as many times as you want- ideally 10-15 times.
- Over time increase the amount of time as this will improve the jaw toning.
- Jaw clenching is a simple exercise to incorporate in your daily routine. It’s doesn’t come out as silly, unlike many other facial expressions. You can practice at work or when commuting on the train.
10. Make a fish face
This is an excellent exercise for toning your jaw and cheeks. Suck in your cheeks and try smiling. Try this for at least five seconds. It might feel slightly uncomfortable and may feel a slight burn after each rep, but this shouldn’t worry you as it’s a good sign that your muscles are exercising. For starters repeat this ten times and increase the number of repetitions as it suits you.
- Making a fish face is a simple exercise to incorporate into your daily routine. You can do them in the morning, when in the shower, commuting or before going to sleep.
11. Get rid of excessive fat
It’s important to burn the extra calories to get rid of excessive fat in your body. This can be achieved through workouts and cutting down calories intake up to 1200-1800 calories per day. To achieve this, you can follow the necessary steps below.
- Replace daily coffee and tea with green tea which is an excellent anti-oxidant and facilitates detoxification.
- Increase fruits and vegetables intake over rice and processed grain to reduce the accumulation of fat over your face.
- Consult your doctor before making any sudden diet changes. Your doctor will be able to guide you well according to your body needs.
12. Kiss the Sky
It might sound weird but kiss the sky technique does work well as it involves stretching muscles of the neck and jaw to give you a defined jawline.
- Sit in a relaxed position
- Tilt your head backward and squeeze your lips together and try to kiss the ceiling or the sky.
- This will give a perfect workout to your chewing muscles
- Repeat the technique 4-5 times per day.
13. Schedule an appointment with your barber
If you’re a bearded man getting that perfect jaw curvature doesn’t have to be a hard task. Book an appointment with your skilled barber to get the job done. A well-cut and styled facial hair can make a massive difference in the overall appearance of your jawline.
You need to style the hair so that more volume is on top to give a more elongated face shape.
14. Get shirt collars that suit your face shape
The general rule of thumb in the fashion world is that any stylistic choice is affected by the surrounding areas. While shirts are not generally designed based on an individual’s face, they, however, play an important role if you are trying to emphasize your jawline.
- If you have a rounded face, it’s recommended you pick shirts/clothes that will make your face look longer. Tight-collard clothes are perfect for a rounded face.
- Oval faces are widest at cheekbones and are longer than other faces. If you have an oval face, you’re lucky because your face can suit a variety of styles.
- Those with box shape (angular) faces should do the opposite of the rounded face. Widespread collard clothes will be a good help in this scenario.
15. Massage your temples
Massaging the temples and spreading out your brow is a fantastic way of encouraging blood flow throughout your face.
- For best results, take two fingers from your both hands and rub your temples gently in circular motion. Perform this for 30 seconds per session.
- This technique is also popularly applied to fight migraine headaches.
16. The rotating chin
- Place your thumbs below the chin and apply gentle pressure on your jawline.
- Press your tongue tip against the roof of your mouth
- Move the thumbs on the chin in a circular motion and work your way up.
- Remove the thumbs and loosen your tongue
- Repeat this process eight times a day.
17. Roar like a lion
You can get a defined jawline by practicing roaring- roar like a lion. Place lay your hands on your thighs then take a deep breath to create a perfect roar. Then roll your tongue towards the chin and make a roaring face. This activity has been proven to activate over 35 facial muscles and aids in getting a more pronounced jawline.
18. Stretch the tongue
Facial muscle contraction is a great way to achieve a chiseled jawline. To stretch the tongue, first sit in a relaxed position and relax your neck. Move your head towards the ceiling and then roll out your tongue towards the lower side and try to reach for the chin and hold this position for about 10 seconds.
19. Try supplements for a chiseled jawline
For a lean face, you can incorporate supplements while dieting. When dieting for weight loss you will need to use a fat burner that will help you burn as much fat as you can. The only people who rely on natural dieting are obese because they’re capable of losing vast amounts of fat naturally.
Those who spend their time at the gym have a difficult time burning fat, and they need to go the extra mile to burn fat. There’s no reason you should suffer through dieting unless you’re guaranteed the results you’re after. A fat burner will help you burn extra fat and aid in body nutrient partitioning abilities- which is another way of saying burns excess fat.
By using a fat burner, you’ll be able to get rid of stored fat under the skin hence contributing to a slimmer face and a more defined jawline.
- One of the best recommended fat burners on the market is the RED BURNER.
It’s an all-natural fat burner that works by aiding fat oxidation when exercising. It improves the body’s nutrient partitioning abilities and increases the number of calories your body burns.
- The caffeine in Red-Burner increases epinephrine levels and stimulates the nervous system which in turn signals the body to break down fat.
- T2 and green tea can help manage the calories you consume to trigger more fat burning in your body.
20. Try paid facial exercise programs
If getting that chiseled jawline is a priority in your to do list, there are programs exercises you can buy online that will give you tutorials on various exercises and face-improving motions. Unlike other fitness programs, these facial exercise programs are cheap and convenient. Some of the recommended facial exercise programs on the market today include:
- Facial Exercises by Carolyn’s Facial Fitness (Available on Amazon)
- Carole Maggio Facercise (R) (Check on Amazon)
- Facial Fitness: Daily Exercises & Massage Techniques for a Healthier, Younger Looking You (See user reviews)
When Everything Else Fails, Here’s what You Can Do to Get a Sharp Jawline
The most expensive way to get a chiseled jawline is through plastic surgery. While the procedure is quite expensive, there is no guarantee that it’ll be successful. It’s done through dermal fillers injection into the jaw bone.
This should be the last resort when everything else has failed, and you truly want your jowl to be more angular. Consult your medical specialist to give you the green light if the procedure is right for you.
Final Thoughts On How To Get A Chiseled Jawline
Not everyone is lucky to be born with the chiseled jawline. For those of us who need to go that extra mile, above methods should give some desired results in at least four weeks. One of the best things about jawline exercises is that you’ll not only see significant jawline results in your jowls but also in your neck, chin, and entire face.
What are you struggling with?
- Chiselled jawline?
- Slim jawline
- Can’t get a girlfriend?
- Can’t get a boyfriend?
- Not getting any respect.
- Not popular.
- Bad breath
- Bad body odor
- Fat face
- Sexy eyes
- Sexy face
How to get a handsome, beautiful, & attractive face.$50.00
Pheremone cologne & perfumeProduct on sale
Mastic gumProduct on sale
Jawline exercise deviceProduct on sale
Jawliner Fitness Chewing Gum$20.63
Chisell Jawline Exercise ToolProduct on sale
JawlineMe Exercise BallProduct on sale
JAWLINER 2.0 – medium – one pair$39.00