Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Click here to see hard chewing gum to help improve your Jawline from Jawliner.
Before anything else you have to know that your genes predominantly determine the definition of your jawline. Even then, there are a few things that you can do to make sure that you have a sharp jawline.
Some people may not have a visible jawline because of the weight they have put on, and this might be the first thing you will need to get rid of.
There are also several exercises you might want to try to make you have a fierce look. Here are a couple of exercises to try out to have a sharp jawline.
Remember, with these exercises, and consistency is everything for you to see the result.
Neck Curl Up
This is the same as an abdominal curl-up but for your neck. You will need to lie on your back
with the tongue pressed on the roof of your mouth to help activate the front neck muscles. You will need to:
- Bring your chin towards your chest, then lift your head off the ground for about 2 inches
- Start with 3 sets for 10 repetitions and then scale up as you get more comfortable with the exercise.
- Ensure that you take your time because these muscles are underdeveloped, and if they are trained too fast, they can cause neck strain.
Collar Bone Backup
You can perform this exercise while standing, being seated, or when lying down on your back. You will need to:
- Make sure that your head is in level with the floor, and then bring your head back several inches to feel the muscles in both sides relax and contract
- Do 3 sets with 10 repetitions at first, then gradually increase the sets after you are comfortable
- Ensure that your ears stay over your shoulders and your head stays leveled up.
This exercise works by targeting the muscles underneath the chin. Here’s what you need to do:
- Place the tongue on the roof of your mouth just behind the teeth.
- Press the tongue to the roof of the mouth and add some pressure on it.
- Hum and make vibrating sounds to activate the muscles.
- You will need to do 3 sets, each with 15 repetitions.
Making vowel sounds
These movements are designed to target the muscles around the mouth and the sides of the lips. You will need to:
- Say “O” and “E” with your mouth wide open.
- Ensure that you exaggerate the movements and sounds while not touching or showing your teeth.
- Do 3 sets with 15 repetitions.
This exercise will help lift your chin and face muscles. Here is how you do it:
- Push your lower jaw out while lifting your lower lip to build a stretch under the chin and jawline.
- You will need to hold this position for 10 to15 seconds and then relax.
- Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Make a Fish Face
Making a fish face is a great exercise to keep your cheeks and jaw toned. You will need to:
- Suck your cheeks from the inside of your mouth, and then try smiling.
- Hold for just 5 seconds per repetition.
- You should feel just a little uncomfortable, and at the end of each rep, you will feel a slight burn, which will indicate that the activity has strained muscles.
- Repeat this exercise about 10 times and repeat it as much as you feel comfortable.
Other Things You Can Do to Get a Sharp Jawline
There are a few things you can do to have a sharper jawline and keep you looking younger.
Having a balanced diet and regular exercise
Eating a healthy balanced diet will go a long way in keeping your whole body toned as well as your cheeks.
Having extra weight can contribute greatly to the change in the shape of your jawline. You can try to make some lifestyle changes to help you get a sharper jawline.
Smiling often will help keep your jaw muscles’ tone. Smiling will extend your cheekbones and therefore exercising them and thus help keep your face tones.
Smiling is also a great mood enhancer; you should try it.
This is the simplest way for you to have the face shape you want. You cannot only contour your cheekbones but also your nose and lips as well.
All you will need to do is apply contouring powder or bronzer on the edges of your face and make sure you blend the powder properly.
Massage Your Face
Massaging your face is a great way to increase blood circulation and give your face a youthful look.
Take just a few minutes to run your fingers through your face in a circular motion.
Use essential oil and massage your face before you go to bed and immediately after waking up.
Make sure you rub your chin, temples, jaw, and cheeks for just a few seconds for you to feel refreshed and will help your skin feel and become tighter.
Drinking Enough Water
Toxin retention in the body is mostly seen on the face. Drinking enough water will keep you hydrated and also help flush out toxins from your body.
When you flush out, unhealthy toxins mean a more youthful appearance and have a more toned face.
The easiest way to exercise your facial muscle is by chewing gum. Chewing gum involves a lot of jaw movements that will help sharpen the area.
Also, this is a fun exercise that doesn’t require much effort.
Reduce The Amount of Salt You Eat
When you consume salt in large quantities, it can affect the skin and lead to bloating. Also, avoid snacking on salted snacks throughout the day.
Sleep for Enough Hours
Ensure that you get eight hours of sleep every night if you want to have a healthy body. If you do not get enough sleep, you will have a tired and bloated face.
All the above are ways in which you can use to get a sharp jawline, but it is important to incorporate a number of the exercises together while still having a healthy lifestyle for the best result.
Jawliner Fitness Chewing Gum$20.63
JAWLINER 2.0 – medium – one pair$39.00
Greek Chios Mastic Gum$29.30